Monday 26 October 2009

My trip to England


Dear tatting friends,
Today I have a bit of time to do a relaxing work on my blog. So I will tell you about my wonderful trip to England at the end of september and show you some pictures.
As I'm not so much a photografer, I forgot to take pictures during my two workshops.
I was hosted so wonderful by Brenda Rebhorn, who had organized two workshops and a lot of meetings with tatting and lace people for me. She drove me around to show me a lot ot wonderful places and cooked for me typical english meals. She let me look at all her hundred tatting books and magazines and showed me all her tatting and other lace work. To my surprise she had tatted a lot of my patterns and I feeled really very honored. One afternoon, when she had organized a meeting with some lace ladies, she taught us needle tatting. At the start I was a bit sceptical about learning needle tatting, but then I saw immediately, that with the bead works there are some more possibilities, than with the shuttle, though I always like more the look of the shuttle tatting. I will show you later something I tried out.
Though the weather in England is often rainy and foggy, we had 12 wonderful sunny and warm days. So we could travel around on the open bus and on top of the ferry to visit London, which is the most impressive capital I ever saw in my life.
We visited Birmingham, which is also a very big and beautiful city. Then some smaller villages with their picturesque streets, houses and wonderful churches.
The last days of my stay also Ira from Wales joined us and we laughed a lot together, and Brenda took us to visit an old glas factory.

The cheep surely admired my beauty, or not?

Lichfield Cathedral, one of the most beautiful cathedrals in the world. More pictures on the next post.

7 comments:

Ridgewoman said...

Sounds as though you had a wonderful trip. I'm glad you have such a good time! XX B

Jane Eborall said...

It's such a shame we didn't get to meet up when you were over here. It would've been lovely.
Did you get to my town at all?
So glad the weather was good to you too.

Marty said...

What an interesting trip! I'll be waiting for the next set of pictures. It's always fun to see another country through someone's pictures. I'm really curious about your needle-tatting adventure as well.

Ladytats said...

sounds like you had a good time. the pictures look interesting, I am looking forward to see more of them.

Unknown said...

Oh, lucky YOU! I would LOVE to visit England someday! If I went I would like to make it a very LONG trip! There are so many places I want to see in England!

There are so many tatters there that I want to meet, too!

The photos are lovely!

H J Hess said...

How wonderful that you had such nice weather. It surely made your trip lovelier. Glad to see you blogging again after such a long time. Hugs, Hegla

Carla said...

Auguri di Buon Natale e felice Anno Nuovo ricco di splendide idee.