Saturday 27 December 2008

New designs

Dear friends,
the realisation of the item in wool with the wonderful Fujito squares has not satisfied me, because the tatting is not elastic like knitting, so the item does not follow the body lines. I have to find the perfect shape to make the item fit on the shoulders. I have worked a lot, but my daughters did not like it, so now I have to cut open everything and rearrange the squares in another way. My daughter Gloria said to make new designs. So yesterday evening I sat down and made a lot of new designs, from which I chose 3 which are worth to give them a try. Here they are. If some of you will try to realize one of them following the , you are free to do so.

2 comments:

Tat-a-Renda said...

Iris, your sketches are looking pretty already. I hope you will be able to realise them.

I notice that you have drawn the lines as your basic frame for the designs. Have you ever tried using a polar graph paper? This is a type of graph paper made up of concentric circles and lines drawn out from the centre, called spokes, like what you have drawn. I use them all the time when I sketch out my designs and find them very useful.

Here is the link to the one that I use,
http://incompetech.com/graphpaper/polar/

You can vary the number of spokes or number of circles that you want.

Unknown said...

Iris, your designs are lovely! I am glad to see that I am not the only one who draws things out like that first, although your drawings are much prettier than mine. My drawings look like that of a child, LOL! I look forward to seeing the finished product.