Tuesday 28 October 2008

collar pattern


Here I show you the progress of the collar. With the wool I have to work more carefully, always paying attention to the resistance of the thread. I broke the thread only once, when closing the SCMring, and then I used a different way to close, pulling the thread in two moments. Clicking on the image of the progressed collar you see the exact size of it. The pattern is also here, it can be worked with any thread you want. Next pattern will be the hexagon.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

This piece is very interesting visually. Thanks for sharing it! :)

Knotty-girl said...

Iris,
You are so very talented. I am pea-green with envy.

Thank you for sharing your beautiful work!!

Hugs,
Christina

Marilee Rockley said...

This is very pretty and unique. It looks like it would be fun to tat!

Sherry aka Celtic Dream Weaver said...

Hi Iris,
I love this collar. It is so very different from one normally see for a tatted collar. This might be one that I would make, but not in wool.

Tat-a-Renda said...

Very interesting design. Using two shades makes it look so elegant. I am just wondering if it is a collar for a blouse/dress or a collar worn as a jewelery. Either way it is very pretty.

Needledreams said...

It's very pretty! What size of thread did you use to make it that big?

Sharon said...

Iris I love the way you are working this design. There is a pattern for a collar using a pentagon in the Priscilla Tatting book printed in 1915, but I think your design is MUCH NICER.