Saturday 17 May 2008

earring bon bon


Dear tatting friends,
In the moment I'm busy working for the international tatting exhibition in Horstmar (Germany). Also a new project is on the way, worked together with Inga Madsen. A lot of persons asked me to make them earrings, so this is also to do. My grandchildren are to look after, as my daughther's last weeks at the university before holyday are the most stressing ones.

I add here a picture from earring bon bon of my book, where I inserted one of those glas balls used for flowers and decorations, which are round on one side and a bit flat on the other. They fit perfectly inside the bon bon earring and give it consistency. Unfortunately the picture is not very good, because I scanned it, but you have an idea. Inserting the glass ball it was not possible to close the beads in the middle with the thread, so I closed them with a piece of very thin wire, which I carefully passed through the beads and then simply twisted, cut and hided a little piece behind the rings. Now it will be tested, if it holds.
As I made some progress in finding methods for making the yewellery, specially the bigger earrings, stiff withoug glue and other products, I have in mind to make a little videy for helping everybody to improve yewellery making skills.

1 comment:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Dear Iris,

The earring is beautiful! I've ordered your new book, and am eagerly awaiting its arrival.

I'm very pleased because I finally took the time to finish one of your beautiful doilies, Beatrice. I love the way it turned out. It will be a gift for my mother. Thank you for publishing such beautiful designs!

Diane